Buy an autographed copy of “Stranger than Fiction: The Lincoln Curse”direct from the author and receive free shipping!
Click to buy on Amazon.com
Click to buy Kindle Edition on Amazon.com ($3.99)
What’s in the Book?
- Read about how medical bungling killed President Washington who was accidentally bled to death and marvel at the antiquated medical procedures that prompted one doctor to propose resurrecting Washington shortly after he died.
- Read how President Garfield died as a result of medical bungling. Why did a Japanese soldier go on fighting World War II for 29 years after it had ended?
- Examine the photo of Abraham Lincoln’s ghost taken by a spirit photographer and decide for yourself is it authentic or a hoax?
- Muse at the antics of love starved sailors who almost took their ship apart and attempted to set sail in the dilapidated vessel to gain the affections of several island women.
- Read about the origins of the custom of awarding presidential pardons to turkeys. Read about the deadly wolf peach and how it became a part of the American diet.
- You’ll be intrigued by the bizarre deaths of several prominent people including a well-known detective who died from biting his tongue.
- Learn of General Custer’s lost treasure and of the American president who once gave a press conference in the nude.
- Who was the queen whose corpse received a coronation after she died?
- Why was an elephant publicly executed in East Tennessee?
- Read about the wayward outlaw who was given the nickname “The stupidest outlaw in the west.”
- Read about the outlaw who started a movie career that spanned several decades after he was shot to death.
- You’ll be mystified at Mark Twain’s premonition of his brother’s death. It was a premonition that came eerily true. And imagine how you would feel if you woke up one morning and read your own obituary in the paper. It happened to Mark Twain.
- These and many other stories will leave the reader convinced that perhaps Twain was right when he said “truth is stranger than fiction.”